Operating Instructions for 820 and 840mm Clocks
Congratulations on purchasing a Sydney Clock Company 820 or 840mm Clock with master controller. Please take a few minutes to read these instructions and avoid damage to your clock controller.
- 1 X 820 or 840mm OD water resistant clock case with 25 metres of cable attached.
- 1 X Master controller to run the clock movement. NB: this is not water resistant - must be kept dry and clean.
- 1 X Remote controller for remote setting of the clock. NB: this is not water resistant - must be kept dry and clean.
- 1 X Sealed rechargeable battery backup for the clock (12 V, 1 A sealed lead acid battery) and cable to attach it to the master box.
- 1 X 12 V, 1 A power pack and cord. NB: this is not water resistant - must be kept dry and clean.
- Find the desired position for your new clock, making sure it is within 25 metres of a dry/dustproof area, where the master controller will be housed and plugged into a power point.
- Securely bolt your clock into place using appropriate anchors.
- Run the 25 metre cable to a dry & dustproof area where the master controller is kept. Fix the cable securely to the walls using appropriate fixings.
- Plug the cable cord into the master controller.
- Connect the battery cord terminals to the battery (BLUE-BLUE,RED-RED)and then plug the cord into the master controller.
- Plug the power pack into the master controller.
- Plug the power pack into a power point and then turn the power on.
- The red light on the master controller will start to flash and the clock will start to run.
Time error per day < +/- 0.3 seconds @ 25C
The hands move every 12-15 seconds.
When there is a power interruption, the 12 V AC power is automatically exchanged for the 12 V DC battery backup. When the AC power is restored, the clock returns automatically to 12 V AC power. The 12 V ,1 A sealed lead acid battery is continuously charged during use and will keep the clock running for over 16 hours in the case of a power interruption.
If there is a prolonged power interruption (+12 hours), please disconnect the power pack from the AC power supply and also disconnect the backup battery from the master controller.
This clock and master controller is covered by a 12 month warranty from the invoice purchase date.
This clock is designed to be placed outdoors and withstand rain and wind. However the master controller and remote controller are not water resistant. The master controller and remote controller must be kept in a dry, dustproof environment. Damage to the master controller and remote controller from moisture / dust etc, will not be covered under warranty.
Adjusting the time by the Master Controller
- Ensure the red light on the master controller is flashing.
- Switch on the left switch to move the hands clockwise (Quick set). Switch off the switch to stop the Quick set function.
- Switch on the right switch to move the hands anti-clockwise – switch off the switch to stop reversing the hands.
NB: Never switch both switches on at the same time – this may damage the controller.
Adjusting the time by Remote Controller (up to 50 metres from clock)
- Pull out the remote control antenna.
- To advance the hands in a clockwise direction press button A. Press button C to stop.
- To advance the hands in an anticlockwise direction press button B. Press button C to stop.
- Pressing button C will stop the clock.
- Pressing button D will start the clock in its normal running mode.
NB: when adjusting the time by the remote controller the manual adjusting switches on the master controller must be in the normal running position.
- If the light on the master box does not flash, try turning off the power and turn back on after 5 seconds.
- If the light still does not flash, pull the battery plug out of the box. If the light still does not flash, check the 2A fuse and change it if it is broken.
- If the fuse is ok, there is something wrong with the master box.
- After pulling out the battery plug, if the light flashes, the problem is that the backup battery voltage is too low and it should be recharged or replaced.
For service, please contact the Sydney Clock Company on (02) 4861 7265 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org